Friday, April 3, 2009

***Funk My Life (2009)***

It's finally here. DJ Ren's (myself) first mixtape "Funk My Life vol. 1". After much anticipation and admittedly procrastination, I've finally put together 43 minutes of sheer funk bliss that will have you bobbing your head, leaning like a cholo, and yes maybe even dancing. There isn't any particular inspiration behind the song selection for this mixtape, I did however want to offer some great tracks by some lesser known Funk artists. Most if not everything is 80s so put your retro gear on and get down. To download "Funk My Life" click here

Funk My Life vol. 1 setlist:

Digital Emotion-Get Up Do You Wanna Funk

Two Man Sound-Que Tal America

Sylvester-Do You Wanna Funk

Egyptian Lover-My House (On the Nile)
Newcleus-Computer Age (Push the Button)

Kano-I'm Ready

Chicago-Street Player

Earth Wind & Fire-September

Keni Burke-Knight Riders

Aurra-Get On In the Groove

Bohannon-Foot Stompin Music
Morris Day and the Time-Jerk Out
Nysa Shenay-He's So Fine

Carol Douglas-Got Ya Where I Want Ya

Surface Noise-The Scratch

I-Level-Minefield

The Whispers-Rock Steady

Michael Jackson-Rock With You
Orlando Johnson-Turn the Music On
Marvin Gaye-Funk Me

No comments: