Thursday, January 22, 2009

Meet....Brandon Allday


Brandon Allday (pictured above to the right) is a rapper and producer from the hip hop group Big Quarters. Brandon, a recent nominee of the Twin Cities Hip Hop Awards "Best TC Hustler", has been a constant figure in the local hip hop scene for several years. Big Quarters is the brainchild of Brandon and his younger brother Zach aka Medium Zach. Lets find out more about Brandon as he answers some questions about himself and Big Quarters:

1. In one or two sentences, introduce yourself to FunkMass.
My name is Brandon Allday of Big Quarters. My president is a brown baby of a white mother.

2. How long have you been making music? What do you use?
I started making beats before I got into rapping - I think we put out our first beat cd in 2003 or 2004.
My MPC2000XL sampler is my instrument of choice.

3. What is Big Quarters Direct? How can I get it?
It's a brand new system that we happen to be early adopters of - and it allows us to stay connected with our fans.
We send you 5 songs every month, on the 5th of each month. For $5 per month.Subscribe now @ http://www.bigquarters.com

4. What are your plans for Big Quarters in 2009?
We're bringing our fans into our creative process through BQDirect. Some of my friends and fellow artists record 25-30 songs for what will end up being an 11 track album.

Through that process - they pass around CDs to their inner circle for feedback and critique - to eventually narrow down the tracklist.

Big Quarters is recording and sending out tracks through BQDirect - and through that process we are shaping our album.

And I should mention, subscribers will receive any album we print for FREE.

5. Who are your top 5 favorite rappers?
Common
Nas
Kurupt
Phil da Agony
Jay-Dee

6. What's one song you never get tired of listening to?
Common "The 6th Sense" produced by DJ Premier

7. If you could meet anybody, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Jesus of Nazareth.
Or I'd like to meet my brother Phil for lunch - he lives in Charlotte, NC.

8. Besides making music, what else are you passionate about?
Working with young people.

9. How can people stay connected with you and your music?

Brandon Allday
612.804.5551


No comments: